Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Period Dark Brown Mucus

Tutorial: A bag for spring ... Quilt








Visiting your blogs I am satisfied that no alone has an overwhelming desire to reach the spring, and this time wanted a little closer to it through add-ons ...
A bag for three days and finished with fresh Telitas clearer and makes us remember the good time, right?

addition to very simple, I wanted to share with you a little trick to get two bags in one, and is that with a simple bow at the base, managed to transform a basket completely level in a bag capable of carrying books, magazines and even some small laptop.
A little later I'll show ...

is so simple that I thought it would be necessary to make a tutorial, but hey, I did some photos of the process and if anyone serves, here it is ...



need a couple of fabrics that you like combined, and has no backing, I advise you to be kind gruesecitas linen or canvas ... A
handles (I used a piece of leather), the fabric can do without problems.
and pageantry for quilting ....
Nothing!

start?






fabric I have used stamped, cut two strips of 16 "by 7" 1 / 2.

smooth fabric and two 16 "by 8".
Although you know they are only indicative measures, can adapt to your needs ...





I utilza patterned fabric for heavy cotton mixed with linen, and canvas for smooth enough gruesecita ...


sew each stamped part with a piece of plain fabrics composed two new pieces equal ...





the two sides together sew the two fabrics being smooth ...
This seam will be part of the foundation of our bag ...





Always with a seam allowance of 1 / 4 inch, and ironing each seam well ...






We will now cut a piece of cloth cover with extra margin this piece.
Approximately 17 "by 35".
And the same boat.

I've used a cotton.









I have quilting squares, you can do with diamonds, or as more you like it, but if we want to avoid putting any kind interlinings, you will need quilting quite the piece, so you have more consistency and retains its form.

To mark the squares I used the pen Pilot Frixion and water ... (is that I was halfway mark without the Pilot ... jejejej ... and as it was late and can not buy)





First we make a parallel in a sense ...




And then the other ...





Once traced the marks of our padding ... it's time to put the part on the machine (or hand quilting, of course !)...
If we decided to do a squares, repeat the process of marking, first sew the parallel one way, then the opposite ... and we have the quilt ready!

is only clean side leftovers ...

And we began to assemble the bag ...






We turned the piece in half, exposing the back ...
In my case I used the same fabric smooth exterior, and that as this bag is not necessary to add lining (although you can add perfectly ...) wanted me to have continuity and consistency increased as well .. and it is a thick canvas.

sew on both sides.





aside and prepare a pair of bias ...
One to cover the two sides just sew (not necessary if we cover the bag) and one for the top of the bag (also unnecessary if we cover).

I cut strips of 2 "1 / 4, a cloth with plain and one with the flowers ...





For inside the bag, sewed all the bias on hand, so I ironed forming a classic cross, with cuts of fabric to the inside ...






left in the photo above we see is both sides with the bias and sewn, remember to be inside our bag ...

Pictured right, we've turned the bag, as we continue with the bias than the flowers.








In this case we've sewn by machine, as we do with any of our quilts ...






As always with a margin of 1 / 4 inch ...
iron ...






Turning the piece, we look to both sides of the bag match as much as possible ...







and hand-stitch finish the hidden bias ....







And the time of the handles ...
From here we can work with handles that we like ...
The bamboo, leather, synthetic, get hold of a piece of cloth ...
As whichever you prefer ...

I commented how I did ...






I used strips of leather that I bought last summer with this special waxed thread to sew skin and a needle for such work ...

As the needle itself does not penetrate the skin easily with the help of the punch where incisions will then sew ...






mark with a pen where we sew, we see the result with the help of pins until we like the height and the distance between again and strip ...







In the top photo I show the difference in size between a traditional needle and sewing the skin .. .
But just have the edge sharp, so that without the help of the core would be nearly impossible to sew ... and less easily.







When we have the desired, cross threaded the needle with waxed thread through the incisions. I have formed a cross, although this type of stroke, of course, is also free ...





And so the handles are finished ....






And now I explain what I said at the beginning of the entry with the issue of the base of this bag ... .

In the photo above you see him as capable, but unleashing the bond that is at the base so you can turn into a briefcase ...

This ...







Threading in any type of large needle, strong thread, linen, leather finite, fine line ...
From what I can go through the eye of your needle ...

In my case I used the same he sewed the handles ...
There is a knot in one end, we put our hand inside the bag and took that needle from a corner (with the bag to the right )....





Leaving a few inches out and make another little knot at the other end ....





Repeat with the other corner ...
Anyway the bit that we stop ... then we can cut any extra ...





Both corners of the near or further depending on how you want the base of the cot ... more rectangular ... leave more distance between the corners .. . more squares? Will tie together almost two corners ...










And we have finished our pram!

















completely level turn it into a bag to put books, magazines, laptop or you simply prefer this style ...
we only undo the link ...




As we see here ....





do we do with strips that are loose??

We put his hand inside the bag, locate the little knots that we have previously done in the first place, stretch .... y. ..
hide inside the bag, leaving a tiny knot at each corner barely visible ...







I liked the idea?







A final " detail of the house" and ready to wait for spring ...

While I wait, I think I will make another ...
We have more than enough time to prepare any more ...


You have seen that is more than easy, you can do in an afternoon, but by changes of tone in the pictures, tell you that I did in batches ... mostly with artificial light ... But hey, on a morning or an afternoon you have it!

cordoncito To locate inside the bag to hide ties, we can add a little story of plastic or wood in addition to the little knot ...



I truly hope that you liked it ...

And I think it will be common to multiple posts, the block this week Civil War Quilts .
This new block is called Cotton Ball .






A big big kiss y. .. again ... THANKS!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment